Wednesday, September 20, 2006

what is all this?

Well...

I've been thinking, I really gotta start cooking more. As in, I should start cooking, period (as opposed to constant take-out)…

I’ve never been much of a cook. I had parents cook for me, and then my husband and I really enjoyed going out for dinners, so much that it really got out of hand…

Then I got pregnant with my first kid. I was “lucky” enough to develop mild hyperemesis, which not only meant no cooking, but barely any eating for 9 months.

When the kiddo finally popped out, I was so excited to be able to taste and smell things again, that I dived into learning the basics of home food preparation. Cause my kid was gonna be home-fed and not a McChild, thank you very much…

Good and dandy… But now I’m pregnant again (luckily not as bad as last time, but no picknick anyways). And no-one is eating anything home-made (by me). This is my fourth month, and the worst seems to be over, even though I’m still taking liberal amounts of antinausea pills. I was gonna stay away from the kitchen for a little longer, but my husband has started feeding my 17 month-old Cheetos. CHEETOS! I gotta step in. I gotta try something.

So, this is going to be my online diary of my attempts at cooking at least some family dinners. Or snacks. Whichever smells I can battle.

By the way, a few sidenotes:

I’m basically a vegetarian (though before I got preganant, I occasionally ate fish – succumbing to parental pressure). My husband is an avid meat eater. (Though we seem to have reached an agreement that he’ll veg on Mondays and Thursdays). Our son is the pickiest eater I’ve ever met in my life. And I can only eat what I’m craving at the moment. And today it’s been Cheetos…

So, no idea how this could possibly work out.

Let’s see.

Posted by vasilisa @ 11:44 p.m.

About

I'm a 29 year old mom of two! A toddler (kiddo one) and a new baby (kiddo junior). I am also the most horrible (as in I barely ever do it) cook that I have met in my life. This blog is a diary of my attempts to feed my hungry growing family

PS: My name is not actually Vasilisa... But I find that honest reporting comes easier when there is a shred of anonymity. (Apparently, posting pics of my sons doesn't count...)

PPS: For those of you wondering where on the planet I am: I'm cosily tacked away in the Torontonian suburbia of the Great White North (Canada).

The Beginnings

What is all this?

Listening

To music, naturally.

Reading

All kinds of books. Haven't figured out how to post links to them yet.

E-mail me

Yes, you can actually email me:

Vasilia

Real Savvy Mom Blogger