Friday, October 13, 2006

We! Got! The! Car!!!

Drum Roll Please…. The Car! It’s been acquired! And delivered! And we have it!

To explain yesterday: see, we were supposed to get it yesterday. And it was there, ready to go and all. Until my husband noticed that that “totally new” car had over a 100 kilometers on it. Seriously. They were trying to push us a car used for test driving… And you know how careful people are when they test drive an unfamiliar car… Checking the breaks and speed and all… And it’s not like we are buying a cheap car. When you pay this much, you want it new. Period. So hubs made all kind of noise, and they agreed to change it.

To Mazda’s credit, they were quite amicable about changing the car and re-tinting the windows. And now we are proud owners of a whole new 2007 Mazda 5. Galaxy Grey. With moon roof. And air bags. And heated mirrors. And enough trunk space to fit all my groceries. And the last part made me the happiest. Cause that’s how boring I am now.

And of course when I saw the car in all its unscratched new shining glory… I stalled. I was too terrified to drive it. I guess it’s like eating your very first dinner out of insanely priced china. All you can think of, is what if the stupid plate drops. All I could think of, is how the heck will I get out of this crowded parking lot. Which is why I drove home our battered oldie, while hubby courageously (with a bit of superiority air, I must add) drove my precious new baby. So the baby is now in the driveway, and I’m still too chicken to drive it.


In the parking lot. Awaiting a brave soul to get it out of there...


In front of our house. Where it truly belongs...


Isn't she a beauty? Inside and out...

And now let us return to our regular broadcasting schedule and talk about food. Did you know that I make mean sandwiches? I do. I can make them out of absolutely anything. It’s in the slicing. And the layering. Today it was cheese/tomato/cucumber/picles/tiny-bit-of-mayo-cause-I-hate-mustard-and-can’t-stand-dry-sandwiches. Yum.



And for dinner I was again inspired by Asha’s wonderful Chole. But in the end my concoction had almost nothing in common with the Chole, except for the use of blender. (And the award to best countertop appliance this week goes to my Super-Fantastic-Food-Processor-That-Does-Everything-I’m-Too-Lazy-To-Do-Myself-Like-Chopping-Dicing-Slicing-Blending.) Cause I was in a creative mode. And because at least one of the dishes had to have chicken, or hubs would declare a hunger strike.

So I fried up a couple of onions. Added ginger and garlic and about a teaspoon of cumin seeds. Then blended it all with half a bunch of cilantro, salt, pepper, a can of tomatoes, and a one and a half teaspoon of curry powder. Then, for myself I added the sauce to fried cubed potatoes (three) and chickpeas (can), and for the boys to a lightly fried chicken and a few of my potatoes (about half of my fried cubed ones), which I generously sacrifices for them, for there wasn’t that much chicken there…. Plus half a cup of water (to each version). Cook for about 20 minutes. Add a tablespoon of sour cream. Bring to boil. Turn off. Ready. Serve with rice. Delish...


The chicken.


And the veggie.

Confession: I think I slightly burned the chicken version, cause I got carried away reading the specs of my new car… But they didn’t notice… I know that, cause the hubs had three helpings, and he’s a very picky eater (though he thinks he’s the most flexible thing since elastic band).

And now I must leave this blog for I'm off testing my new car.

Posted by vasilisa @ 11:07 p.m.

Read or Post a Comment

Hey Vasilisa,
Congrats on the new wheels. Cool. Sleek. Awesome. One question? Will you be cooking in your new car? It has room to install one of those new car ovens.

Just a thought? :D)

Posted by Blogger Alexys Fairfield @ 11:51 p.m. #
 

Congrats on the new car, Looks gr8. Enjoy your drive.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 9:15 a.m. #
 

Nice car! cool color too! Did you test drive Nissan Versa at all! That's one beauty too!!I drive Toyota Highlander,silver!Boring!! My 15yrs old daughter probably get Versa next yr!I am scared already!:D
Enjoy the chole, again!:))
Now time to move on to Rajma,what say Lisa??!!

Posted by Blogger FH @ 7:47 p.m. #
 

Yay! NEW CAR! Yes, we all get them, every once in awhile, but we all feel like ROCK STARS driving them down the street.

Love your car (my parents are big Mazda fans; we are Honda fans, but SAME DIFFERENCE!)

Anyway, I am so happy for you and your (beautiful) son.

Road trip to Virginia? ;)

Posted by Blogger Kelley @ 8:39 p.m. #
 

Alexys: Thanks :-) Cooking and driving? That's a thought. I haven't worked that out yet, but eating and driving happens all the time (I wonder how long the car will retain its "new" interior...)

Veggiedelight: Thanks. I love driving it! (Finally braved it.)

Foodie's hope (Asha): Thanks! We zeroed on this one, cause of lots of trunk space and optional third row. When my son starts driving... I'll probably have a heart attack! And I'm just addicted to the whole Chole concept. So easy and so adaptable :-) And hubs loves it!

Kelley: I totally feel like a Rock Star! My very first own new car! (And Honda is a great company too...)
Road trip will have to wait (till the bundle is out :-) )

Posted by Blogger vasilisa @ 10:13 p.m. #
 
<< Home

About

I'm a 29 year old mom of two! A toddler (kiddo one) and a new baby (kiddo junior). I am also the most horrible (as in I barely ever do it) cook that I have met in my life. This blog is a diary of my attempts to feed my hungry growing family

PS: My name is not actually Vasilisa... But I find that honest reporting comes easier when there is a shred of anonymity. (Apparently, posting pics of my sons doesn't count...)

PPS: For those of you wondering where on the planet I am: I'm cosily tacked away in the Torontonian suburbia of the Great White North (Canada).

The Beginnings

What is all this?

Listening

To music, naturally.

Reading

All kinds of books. Haven't figured out how to post links to them yet.

E-mail me

Yes, you can actually email me:

Vasilia

Real Savvy Mom Blogger