Sunday, January 14, 2007

Finally?

This morning when I looked outside I said to myself “finally!”, cause we actually had snow. Everything looked white and wintery and beautiful…

But by the time I got around to snap a picture, half of it was gone…



And now it’s all wet and slushy…

I mean, I don’t mind the warmer weather and all that, but rain and continuous “plus” temperatures in January give me the creeps. There is something weird about it. It just doesn’t feel or look right when your lawn is greener in January than it was in July. At least not for Canada… Aren’t we supposed to be “The Great White North?”

I don’t know about the whole global warning business (though even as a non-scientist I can attest for the fact that it sure feels warmer than when I was a kid…), but global weather is definitely going nuts. My dad is originally from one of the coldest places on earth, a city on the coast of Arctic Ocean, no less. Guess what: they are having “plus” temperatures there too.

I’m beginning to think that by the time my kiddo is old enough to go tobogganing, I’ll have to explain to him why we’re doing it in T-shirts, on wheels, down a flowery hill… Unless we move towards the coastal area and I’ll have to explain why we’re living on a raft…

I really shouldn’t have watched that Al Gore movie… Denial would’ve been so much easier…

PS: On a positive note, my last post has shamed me into cooking spaghetti… Not too fancy, but home food nevertheless…

Posted by vasilisa @ 6:11 p.m.

Read or Post a Comment

That's a really pretty picture! As much as I love the warmth, this weather is creepy. We know it's just not right.

Here in Boston, it's supposed to be cold this week. Down to the 20's! If it hadn't been almost 70 a week ago, that would sound warm to me!

Posted by Blogger Lisa Johnson @ 7:21 p.m. #
 

The warm weather at this time of year is making me uneasy, too. Things just seem out of whack.

The picture looks nice. We haven't seen that much snow where I am in Ohio.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 10:52 p.m. #
 

It's been cold here for the past week. But we have not had a really cold or white winter in several years.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 2:26 a.m. #
 

There is something about the snow that makes winter a reality. Although it is rarely cold in L.A., we have been having a winter frost that makes us all chill out.

Posted by Blogger Alexys Fairfield @ 3:42 a.m. #
 

It was almost 70 degrees yesterday - it's totally disorienting. Definitely doesn't feel like January!

It cooled off today and it's supposed to feel like winter at least for the next several weeks. I'm actually excited about it! I do hope we eventually see some snow here, too...

Posted by Blogger Kelley @ 4:53 p.m. #
 

I know it's scary! We had three days with 70s here and they are predicting unusually hot weather for this summer,that's REALLY scary!We haven't had snow but cold is moving in thankfully!
Your window view looks great!:))Atleast,you can show what snow is to little one!:)

Posted by Blogger FH @ 10:34 a.m. #
 
<< Home

About

I'm a 29 year old mom of two! A toddler (kiddo one) and a new baby (kiddo junior). I am also the most horrible (as in I barely ever do it) cook that I have met in my life. This blog is a diary of my attempts to feed my hungry growing family

PS: My name is not actually Vasilisa... But I find that honest reporting comes easier when there is a shred of anonymity. (Apparently, posting pics of my sons doesn't count...)

PPS: For those of you wondering where on the planet I am: I'm cosily tacked away in the Torontonian suburbia of the Great White North (Canada).

The Beginnings

What is all this?

Listening

To music, naturally.

Reading

All kinds of books. Haven't figured out how to post links to them yet.

E-mail me

Yes, you can actually email me:

Vasilia

Real Savvy Mom Blogger