Thursday, January 18, 2007

Be careful what you wish for…

Really, be careful what you wish for…

Cause if you wish for some snow, you might get loads of it, mixed with ice rain, just for kicks… So that all the roads/sidewalks/stairs turn into free skating rinks…




It could also happen at the very time when your husband is temporarily not available to drive you around, and you’ll have to serve as a full time family taxi… Despite being 8 months pregnant and barely fitting behind the wheel… And you may also be having a barrage of doctors appointments all the way downtown… Just so driving is not confined to a small local area…

The automatic garage door is likely to boycott you at the same time, and getting in and out of the garage over the heaps of ice, while trying to tackle it manually, is likely to be an adventure rivaling the world figure skating championships… And don’t even think about going through the front door, cause that full inch of ice on the front steps? I mean, don’t you remember “Home Alone”? Well, if you don’t, by all means – give your bum a ride of a lifetime…


PS: But really… Snow in mid-January? That’s normal. At least the world makes sense again… Except I also hear that they got snow down in California. Now that’s weird…

Posted by vasilisa @ 1:50 a.m.

Read or Post a Comment

It's true. We do have snow here in California. It's snowing in Malibu now. Just what Barbra Streisand, Sting, Pierce Brosnan, Mel Gibson, Janet Jackson and Nick Nolte ordered.

Something strange is going on in the world.

Posted by Blogger Alexys Fairfield @ 2:16 a.m. #
 

ARGH! We've got the ice, too!

Posted by Blogger PunditMom @ 2:04 p.m. #
 
<< Home

About

I'm a 29 year old mom of two! A toddler (kiddo one) and a new baby (kiddo junior). I am also the most horrible (as in I barely ever do it) cook that I have met in my life. This blog is a diary of my attempts to feed my hungry growing family

PS: My name is not actually Vasilisa... But I find that honest reporting comes easier when there is a shred of anonymity. (Apparently, posting pics of my sons doesn't count...)

PPS: For those of you wondering where on the planet I am: I'm cosily tacked away in the Torontonian suburbia of the Great White North (Canada).

The Beginnings

What is all this?

Listening

To music, naturally.

Reading

All kinds of books. Haven't figured out how to post links to them yet.

E-mail me

Yes, you can actually email me:

Vasilia

Real Savvy Mom Blogger