Friday, October 20, 2006

Five weird things…

This is yet another post meant to cover up some kitchen slacking… Yesterday I wasn’t home at all, so that’s forgivable… Today… Am… Thinking… There must be an excuse… I’m looking for it…

And while I’m at it, here is a completely random entry about me, meant as a total distraction…

Five things people find weird about me:

1. I like Britney Spears. No, not the tabloids… I actually like the music… I know… When I acquired the “In the Zone” record my whole family eyed me with suspicion. Even now if I pull it out and play it, I can see the look of serious concern on their faces…

2. I love tomatoes… No, I really love them… I used to freak everybody at work by bringing a whole tomato and eating it like others do peaches. Did you know tomato is a fruit? It is. My bio teacher told me so. And I took her seriously.

3. I hate “Sienfeld”. I really hate “Sienfeld”. And it’s not cause I never gave it a chance. Seriously! Hubs watches it almost every night, and I probably have seen all the episodes by default… But I just can’t stand watching people I would never in my life want to meet…

4. I’ve never made a grilled cheese sandwich. I wouldn’t even know where to start… I’ve baked bread, made pizza, and am not all that bad when it comes to sandwiches in general. It’s just the grilled ones has always escaped me.

5. I cover my face in the cinema if I see someone making a fool of themselves. Or something embarrassing of any kind. Proper diagnosis has not yet being established. So next time you see somebody in the cinema with a jacket over their head – it’s probably me. Come and say hi. I’m a friendly ghost.

Now it’s your turn to confess five (or so) weird things about yourself…

And here’s to the power of blogging. I never did come up with a plausible excuse. So I got my butt up, dragged it into the kitchen and made spaghetti for everyone…




What a good girl… Totally normal now…

And I’m totally not mentioning that we had a mall take-out today. Cause it didn’t happen. That was a never lunch…

Posted by vasilisa @ 11:58 p.m.

Read or Post a Comment

1. When I was a kid, I wished I had super powers. I still do.
2. I like to mix cashews and Jelly Belly together in a bag and eat them while watching a movie.
3. I turned down a free trip to Europe. One of the company I blogged about wanted to fly me to Belgium for a week-long press event. I said no. I didn't want to be away from my kids for a week. Weird or stupid?
4. I'm Chinese, but I hate Chinese soups.
5. I can't speak Chinese, but I'm making my daughter go to Chinese school on Saturday's to learn the language. In a few years, she'll be cussing me out in Chinese and I will not have a clue.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 2:20 a.m. #
 

1. I wrote a book on humor when I was 17 and self-published it by copying it and passing it out.

2. I really do eat an apple a day and it really does keep the doctor away.

3. I love SCRABBLE and people are afraid to play with me.

4. I love reading dictionaries from cover to cover.

5. I hate Sienfeld, Friends, and anything the masses deem good.

********BONUS*******

6. I once brused my dog's teeth and tried to use the same toothbrush before my mother snatched it out of my hand. I was 4 but even at that age I thought oral hygiene was important and still do.

Posted by Blogger Alexys Fairfield @ 3:30 a.m. #
 

1. I have, on occasion, taken a comb to the carpet in order to remove the discolorations caused by rogue fibres.

2. As an American, I know the difference between a meter and a metre.

3. I have read Battlefield Earth in it's entirety over 25 times.

4. I prefer all food to be cold.

5. The only bugs I won't kill are beetles.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 5:43 a.m. #
 

Thanks for visiting my blog.
I also love tomatoes and have been known to eat fresh ripe ones like a peach... with a bit of salt. Yum!

It's too early to think of 5 things, so when I wake up I'll post on my blog.

Posted by Blogger Defunct Lisa @ 9:41 a.m. #
 

1. I've always wanted to own a Cat House. Not the seedy variety, but, like, a boarding house for cats.

2. I often imagine my life as a movie and choose the music for the soundtrack.

3. I like The Bee Gees. A LOT.

4. I refuse to walk over grates in the sidewalk because I am certain I will fall right through.

5. I often look for signs that my house is haunted.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 11:26 a.m. #
 

Happy Diwali to you , hubby and little baby boy!!
I Love...
1.Diwali Festival
2.Diwali Sweets
3.Diwali Snacks
4.Diwali Lights in my porch
5.Diwali Fireworks!!:))

Hope ur kid gets some sparklers today!! Have fun Lisa!Best wishes!:)

Posted by Blogger FH @ 12:28 p.m. #
 

1. I listen to a little bit or a lot of almost every single kind of music - people always tell me how weird this is.

2. I purchase 5 things of chapstick at a time - one for work, one for my desk at home, one for in my car, one for my purse, and an extra in case I lose any of the other ones.

3. I've had my tongue, nose, ears, and navel pierced - now the only piercings I have are my ears.

4. There are many many foods that I do not allow to touch on my plate - if they do I won't eat them. Like corn and mashed potatoes should never never touch.

5. I cried over a raccoon that got hit by a car the other night. On my way to the store I saw him and he played in the headlights of my car, entertaining me for about five minutes. On my way back I found him dead on the side of the road and cried.

Posted by Blogger Faith @ 3:04 p.m. #
 

Gosh… I guess we all come with quirks :-)

DaddyForever: You have to be careful… kids learn languages so fast! My son already understands more Russian than my husband ever will… (our secret communication is almost ready). And I’m totally gonna try Jelly Belly/Cashews mix!

Alexys: Yeh! A fellow Sienfeld hater! We shall unite! And yes, oral hygiene is important. I hope your mom bought the dog a special brush :-)

Joshua: I could never kill a spider. I was told as a kid that spiders mean that one should expect mail. And since I value my mail, to this day I carefully through them out the front door. PS: I have never read Battlefield Earth? I presume it’s good? (I actually like good old Sci.Fi.)

Lisa: Waiting for your report :-)

Leslie: I LOVE the BEE GEES! Aren’t they great? Some real music for a change… And a boarding house for cats… that’s a thought… just imagine all the meowing if it is haunted!

Foodie: Happy Diwali to you too! We had the sweets, the lights and the snacks. The kid got to see all kinds of lights on the street and was really excited.

Faith: The chapstick idea is simply genius. I’m gonna steal it, cause I always loose mine in all the transferring. And I would absolutely cry over a raccoon. These poor animals have absolutely no idea how to deal with modern technology. I once almost hit a squirrel, cause upon seeing the car s/he started running back and forth in front of me, thinking I’m a predator, and s/he should confuse me. Instead of just running away…

Posted by Blogger vasilisa @ 3:36 a.m. #
 

Thanks so much for the visit to my
blog.....
always so nice to meet new people!

5 weird things about me!
Let's see!

1.I love to get up in the middle of the night sometimes....and just sit in the dark.

2.I rescued a turtle once that was hit by a car...
We bacame good friends...
and I named the turtle Lucky!

3. I have never ever used my given
name...neither has my family...
I guess my mom and dad knew it was not a name I would like.
I go by my middle name.

4.If I see a spider in my house...
I wrap it in a paper towel...
and put it outside to live.

5.I love walking in the rain...
and getting wet!

Take care!

Margie

Posted by Blogger Margie @ 1:54 p.m. #
 

Excellent challenge ... plenty of weirdness here, but hard to recall itall quickly! Here goes:

1. I like dandelion salad.

2. I'm adicted to Project Runway.

3. I'm one of the few people I've ever heard of who didn't like the book Angela's Ashes.

4. My family enjoys reciting random movie lines as a form of bonding, i.e., "The bridge is out, you'll have to spend the nigh!"

5. I love seeing the sunrise, but I hate to get out of bed for it! :O

Posted by Blogger PunditMom @ 2:50 p.m. #
 

(1) I CANNOT STAND my bare feet (or anyone else's bare feet) on a granular surface.

(2) I have a "good side" ala Barbara Streisand. And I refuse to be photographed from any other angle, although my husband can't tell the difference.

(3) I used to practice the cello for 4 hours per day, during the peak of my adolesence.

(4) I once hit on Dave Matthews, before a group of his friends carried him back to his Range Rover.

(5) I really wish I had thicker hair.

Posted by Blogger Kelley @ 9:18 p.m. #
 

samura999: Great to see you here! That’s exactly what I do with a spider… That’s the good thing about middle names – they give us options! And so happy for Lucky…

punditmom: Dandeloin salad? That sounds so intriguing… Never tried that… We need recipe! And sunrises are so beautiful… Thank god for internet, where we can see the pics (the only other way I get to see it, is if I’m up all night…) PS: Project Runway is quite watchable… I’m not addicted, but if I catch it on, I watch the whole thing… Once caught a marathon, and pretty much lost a few precious hours of my life to it.

kelley: I also have a good side! (My nose is slightly crooked (Slightly!!! Don’t get any weird mental images…) and looks bigger one way than the other… Commitment to music in adolescence is a truly admirable… And I never met a celebrity… I’m totally jealous now.

Posted by Blogger vasilisa @ 11:59 p.m. #
 

1. When not in uniform (I'm a cop), I usually wear a kilt instead of trousers.

2. I spend free moments working out the best ways to kill people.

3. I'm a good cook, but I can't bake a cake.

4. I make Rosaries as a hobby... and I'm not a roman catholic.

5. I have 4 siblings and it doesn't bother me that I never see them.

Posted by Blogger Gunfighter @ 1:38 p.m. #
 

Gunfighter: Ok… Kilt? Rosaries? (I don’t really know what to think about number two… Let’s just say it works strange with your screen name.) But I think if this was a contest… (and why the heck not? It’s my blog…) you’d win…

Posted by Blogger vasilisa @ 1:38 a.m. #
 
<< Home

About

I'm a 29 year old mom of two! A toddler (kiddo one) and a new baby (kiddo junior). I am also the most horrible (as in I barely ever do it) cook that I have met in my life. This blog is a diary of my attempts to feed my hungry growing family

PS: My name is not actually Vasilisa... But I find that honest reporting comes easier when there is a shred of anonymity. (Apparently, posting pics of my sons doesn't count...)

PPS: For those of you wondering where on the planet I am: I'm cosily tacked away in the Torontonian suburbia of the Great White North (Canada).

The Beginnings

What is all this?

Listening

To music, naturally.

Reading

All kinds of books. Haven't figured out how to post links to them yet.

E-mail me

Yes, you can actually email me:

Vasilia

Real Savvy Mom Blogger