Thursday, September 28, 2006

kids, they wanna have fun...

Oh, Internet! How did people ever live without you? How did parents survive? What on earth did they do when they decided that they want to take a kid somewhere, and have no idea where? When they couldn’t just google “what to do with kids in Toronto!” and get an answer right away? I have no idea. And hopefully, I’ll never need to know. Because I have you, dear Internet, and you have come through for me again…

Because when having absolutely no idea what to do I typed those magic words, and you popped up this site for me and listed a whole loads of places to go. And we grabbed the kid and rushed to the indoor amusement park because global warming notwithstanding, the weather was too darn cold to enjoy anything outdoors.

And when we got to the park, (which turned out to be conveniently located inside a mall, with shopping and eating facilities), we learned that even if there are no rides the kiddo’s old enough to appreciate (and not freak out at the prospect of circling in a box in mid air), there was a toddler playground! A toddler playground! With mats and all. Well cushioned… With a slide. And all kinds of things to pull, push, turn and bump into!






The kid had a blast! He was so excited, he was jumping backwards… And he invented a whole new version of ‘happy dance’ on the spot…



And those social skills… How do you teach a toddler that not everyone is happy to be hugged by a strange kid? Not everyone will laugh with you, and play with you? How do you take the most lovable “everybody’s a friend” attitude and smash it with a dose of life’s reality? I have no idea. I don’t want to do it. I’m not ready and I don’t know how. And really, why isn’t everybody’s a friend? What’s wrong with people?

Anyways…

food…

Well, it was a leftover/mall/grandparents cook day. So we were all well fed without me so much as touching a pot all day.

And at night we ordered a pizza. Which is ok. Once in a while…

Posted by vasilisa @ 11:53 p.m.

Read or Post a Comment

While waiting for the school bus to pick-up my daughter, my three year old son likes to run up to the moms and wrap his arms around their legs. Then he kisses them. The moms think he's cute. Some even pick him up.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 9:37 p.m. #
 

That's the best part about kids, isn't it? They bring out the best in people, cause they only see good in them...

Too bad life eventually catches up...

Posted by Blogger vasilisa @ 2:29 a.m. #
 
<< Home

About

I'm a 29 year old mom of two! A toddler (kiddo one) and a new baby (kiddo junior). I am also the most horrible (as in I barely ever do it) cook that I have met in my life. This blog is a diary of my attempts to feed my hungry growing family

PS: My name is not actually Vasilisa... But I find that honest reporting comes easier when there is a shred of anonymity. (Apparently, posting pics of my sons doesn't count...)

PPS: For those of you wondering where on the planet I am: I'm cosily tacked away in the Torontonian suburbia of the Great White North (Canada).

The Beginnings

What is all this?

Listening

To music, naturally.

Reading

All kinds of books. Haven't figured out how to post links to them yet.

E-mail me

Yes, you can actually email me:

Vasilia

Real Savvy Mom Blogger