Sunday, October 22, 2006

Creativity unleashed...

I’ve been busy… I’ve not been cooking… I’m sure you guessed it, cause if I had, I’d be definitely showing it off… No wait, there were pancakes yesterday…

Here's proof:


But honestly, that’s about it. Leftovers, going out... Sometimes there are days when cooking is just not necessary. Today should’ve been another not-necessary day, cause I was supposed to go to my parents. But THANK YOU WEATHER very much, I’m stuck here, and can’t wiggle my way out of this one…

So I decided to channel my “I hate you weather” attitude into some more creative stream and cook something new for dinner. So a new chicken dish was invented. Totally loved by hubs and kiddo.

Recipe? Really simple… I chopped five cloves of garlic, and fried it in a pan for a few seconds with about a teaspoon of cumin seeds. Than I added two sliced breasts of chicken. Stir fried for a while. Then added salt, pepper, about a teaspoon and a half of curry powder, a tablespoon of tomato paste, and about a cup of water. 15 or 20 minutes later, I added two tablespoons of sour cream, and one tablespoon of flour. (Note that I occasionally add water, but I can’t give measurements, cause I just add till I think I have the amount of sauce I like…) Simmer 5 more minutes and… done. Serve with rice.

Hubs was so ecstatic that he also decided to commemorate the event by taking the pictures himself. So, without further ado, here it is:


I think the set up is pretty good, and you can clearly see his passion for spring onions… Not too bad for a first time!

Oh, and then I also made a pie… Yup… I was trying to seriously compensate for the weather and previous slacking…


Isn’t it pretty? I think I’ve only made it once before. Homemade dough and all. Had a nice cabbage/carrots/onions/eggs filling. Yummy…



And while mommy was being creative in the kitchen, the kiddo had finally discovered his construction set and left me in peace long enough to finish all these contraptions…

Posted by vasilisa @ 11:58 p.m.

Read or Post a Comment

That pie looks so. incredibly. delicious. Gah, now I'm hungry again!

And I love the presentation on the new chicken dish. It looks very artistic and gourmet!

Posted by Blogger Kelley @ 9:32 a.m. #
 

I just had something to eat and now I'm hungry all over again. That chicken looks yummy.

Posted by Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby @ 9:58 p.m. #
 

At least you can be creative in the kitchen. I like the detail on the pie. Very artistic.

Posted by Blogger Alexys Fairfield @ 11:24 p.m. #
 

Kelley: Thanks... It was supposed to be way more grand, but my decorating skills are pretty much... shall I say, triangular? And the chicken presentation was amazing... I think he was inspired :-)

Mrs. Chicky: Thanks :-) Looking at food pics always makes me hungry... The chicken was actually pretty good... I was surprised how fast they finished it!

Alexys: See, the plan was so much more intricate... like roses and... and... but when it came to execution, all I came up with were some triangles... Oh, shame... (And who took my cookie cutter? Nobody in the house is confessing... I think we must have a house elf... that likes cookie cutters...)

Posted by Blogger vasilisa @ 1:30 a.m. #
 

Wow, you are really creative in the kitchen. I have to have a recipe that I follow to the letter. Otherwise, I'd probably blow something up.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 9:41 a.m. #
 

Leslie: I often end up creative cause I can't follow recipes. I either mix up ingredients, or have to substitute cause I'm out of them... It's creativity out of necessity... :-)

Posted by Blogger vasilisa @ 6:35 p.m. #
 
<< Home

About

I'm a 29 year old mom of two! A toddler (kiddo one) and a new baby (kiddo junior). I am also the most horrible (as in I barely ever do it) cook that I have met in my life. This blog is a diary of my attempts to feed my hungry growing family

PS: My name is not actually Vasilisa... But I find that honest reporting comes easier when there is a shred of anonymity. (Apparently, posting pics of my sons doesn't count...)

PPS: For those of you wondering where on the planet I am: I'm cosily tacked away in the Torontonian suburbia of the Great White North (Canada).

The Beginnings

What is all this?

Listening

To music, naturally.

Reading

All kinds of books. Haven't figured out how to post links to them yet.

E-mail me

Yes, you can actually email me:

Vasilia

Real Savvy Mom Blogger