Tuesday, October 31, 2006

An even more modest dinner...

Yes, we had an even more modest dinner than yesterday… If you can believe that… I was in a rush and completely out of ideas. And it had to have no meat for all of us. So I made a quick omelet with tomatoes and cheese, French fries and cucumber/tomato salad. That’s all. That’s the extent of my home-cooking today.



And now there is all this Halloween hoopla. A day I’ve never celebrated, cause by the time I came to Canada I was too old. But in a neighborhood where all the houses have creepy pumpkins outside, and with a kid of my own, I feel that I must be doing something… But what? I bought candy, I hang a poster on the door. I got myself a weird looking hat so I can scare the kids away tomorrow. And the kiddo got an outfit (via his grandmother). So tomorrow he’ll be going “trick-or-treating” with his dad (no way I’m going out and freezing my pregnant little bum).

But am I supposed to be doing anything else? I feel like there is all this Halloweening in the air, and I’m out of the loop. And I need to figure it all out, cause I’m sure in a couple of years or so the kids will be expecting something. Like ghosts in the basement or vampires in the bedroom…

So I better get a head start on it all, while I still got time. I just hope the local college has a Voodoo-101…

Posted by vasilisa @ 2:22 a.m.

Read or Post a Comment

Happy Halloween. May the witch be with you. :-D

Posted by Blogger Alexys Fairfield @ 2:44 a.m. #
 

It sounds like you've done a good job getting in the Halloween spirit already! That's pretty much it: candy, costumes, and a few decorations. There are all kinds of Halloween baking projects that would be fun, too, if you enjoy decorating cakes and cookies.

But you do have to learn to carve a pumpkin! Trust me, it's not complicated. You can buy kits at the store with little knives and patterns for a few dollars.

What is your son's costume? Can we see a pic? :)

Posted by Blogger Kelley @ 9:16 a.m. #
 

You've got the Halloween thing down. You're prepared. There's not much to it.

Happy Halloween!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 11:38 a.m. #
 

Got candies to give away?! That's all the kids care, never mind decoration and all! I did , ofcourse:D

Have fun and don't eat too much candies!:))

Posted by Blogger FH @ 4:45 p.m. #
 

Hope you had a great halloween..nice blog you have here...will keep visiting you!

Cheers from Newfoundland,
Trupti

Posted by Blogger TNL @ 8:26 a.m. #
 
<< Home

About

I'm a 29 year old mom of two! A toddler (kiddo one) and a new baby (kiddo junior). I am also the most horrible (as in I barely ever do it) cook that I have met in my life. This blog is a diary of my attempts to feed my hungry growing family

PS: My name is not actually Vasilisa... But I find that honest reporting comes easier when there is a shred of anonymity. (Apparently, posting pics of my sons doesn't count...)

PPS: For those of you wondering where on the planet I am: I'm cosily tacked away in the Torontonian suburbia of the Great White North (Canada).

The Beginnings

What is all this?

Listening

To music, naturally.

Reading

All kinds of books. Haven't figured out how to post links to them yet.

E-mail me

Yes, you can actually email me:

Vasilia

Real Savvy Mom Blogger