Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The one where I attempt to give some explanations…

Maybe I should just rename my blog… Seriously… My dinner seems to be nowhere in sight. Good thing I didn’t call it “Where is my cooking?” or it would be a constant search and rescue operation…

Cause yesterday I went to my parents. And naturally ate there. To top it off, I brought leftovers home. And kiddo went to grandma, and naturally ate there, and brought leftovers home. And hubs went to pick up the kid, and naturally ate there, and brought leftovers home. And then this morning he took the kid to the doctor (nothing urgent, just some very pleasant regularly scheduled shots, after which, apparently, my kid would not talk to the doctor… I can see his point…) and then got some food on the way, and brought it home… So… Who needs cooking? And what if I’m going out tomorrow again? And get a home cooked meal? And why am I complaining, isn’t having a chance not to cook is a great thing? (Yes, it is, but it seriously makes your blog slide off topic…)

And you’re probably wondering what is it that I’m doing that I constantly have to go to my parents’ house without the kiddo. Well, I can’t tell you. It’s a secret. But be assured, it’s honest work. And I don’t do it that often. Lucky if I manage once a week. Very lucky if I do it twice. Remember this? Well… that’s what I’m working on. And my dad is helping me. Cause I don’t want to have another “coulda/shoulda/woulda” in my life.

(And now if you’re intrigued, stay tuned – maybe in about 10 years something will come out of it…)

PS: And yes, I still take the kiddo there about once a week too. He needs his grandparents, you know…

PPS: And what’s up with Blogger? It won’t even let me post anything…

Posted by vasilisa @ 6:27 p.m.

Read or Post a Comment

Okay, now I am desperate to know what this project is! But I understand your reluctance to reveal it...I am the same way about a lot of things. I never want to jinx it, or build-up too much expectation.

I can really relate to your post that you linked to...those same thoughts have been on my mind a lot lately, too. I start taking inventory of all the risks I never took, and it begins to, well, terrify me a little. So good for you for being a doer! You'll never know if you never try.

Posted by Blogger Kelley @ 7:01 p.m. #
 

Maybe you can get a chest freezer to freeze all of the leftovers and have one big leftover party later? Your secret has me intrigued. Are you working on the next greatest thing? The next greatest invention that Da Vinci missed? World peace? Perhaps splitting the atom (isn't it small enough?)

It's good to take a break from the norm. On the days you feel like cooking, do it with passion. Other days when you don't feel like doing it, let kiddo and hubs eat cake. It worked for Marie Antoinette. Just a thought?

Posted by Blogger Alexys Fairfield @ 1:22 a.m. #
 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Posted by Blogger FH @ 9:28 a.m. #
 

Oops, deleted!

Blogger was on maintainance yesterday.

Yes, where is the food?! :D

and what on earth are you cooking up in your parent's house?????

Posted by Blogger FH @ 9:30 a.m. #
 

Hmmm ... dreams. I've forgotten what those are. Funny, tho', I've been getting the feeling from a lot of other bloggers, myself included, that there's a lot of soul-searching going on out there about what we're doing with our lives and what would make us happy.

I can't wait to hear about yours.

Posted by Blogger PunditMom @ 10:42 a.m. #
 

Kelley: Yup, exactly... I don't want to jinx or build it up... It's just something I've always wanted to do, but life got in the way... And now I just feel like it's now or never, you know? I mean, what have I got to lose?

Alexys: Funny, I did give a cake to kiddo today :-) but I'm totally planning to improve for dinner... You know, don't wanna end up like poor old Marie... I'm working on something... Not as grand as Da Vinci, but hopefully it will somehow materialize into something more real than it is now...

Asha: Blogger has been horrible! Drives me crazy. I'm actually thinking that if I'm keeping up this gig, I might switch hosts... And food is coming, I promise... Cause I'm hungry.

Punditmom: Maybe it's having kids? You know, you can think yourself young and everything ahead of you, and then you realize, you're adult now, responsible for someone, and have to show them by example, or else, how can you expect anything from them? Plus, time speeds up once you're past teenagehood. And I had such great plans for myself, and now looking at myself, I think, what the heck happened ? You know... And I don't want to be hit with that when I'm seventy.

And everyone: Don’t get me wrong, I’m not totally in the wrong place. I have a great family, education, even had a good career, before I took time off for kids… I just didn’t yet go after what I really wanted and that makes me ashamed of myself.

Posted by Blogger vasilisa @ 5:02 p.m. #
 
<< Home

About

I'm a 29 year old mom of two! A toddler (kiddo one) and a new baby (kiddo junior). I am also the most horrible (as in I barely ever do it) cook that I have met in my life. This blog is a diary of my attempts to feed my hungry growing family

PS: My name is not actually Vasilisa... But I find that honest reporting comes easier when there is a shred of anonymity. (Apparently, posting pics of my sons doesn't count...)

PPS: For those of you wondering where on the planet I am: I'm cosily tacked away in the Torontonian suburbia of the Great White North (Canada).

The Beginnings

What is all this?

Listening

To music, naturally.

Reading

All kinds of books. Haven't figured out how to post links to them yet.

E-mail me

Yes, you can actually email me:

Vasilia

Real Savvy Mom Blogger