Sunday, October 29, 2006

Blame it on the rain...

I haven’t been home. I haven’t been cooking. The weather has been… How should I say it politely? Don’t think polite language has a word for it… Let’s just say it’s been raining… And raining… And raining… Making driving awful, head splitting, and mood nasty.

So, I’m trying to be positive here. What are at least five positive things about rain?

1. I don’t have to water my lawn. One point for accommodating laziness…

2. I don’t have to wash the car. Wouldn’t show anyways…

3. Well, at least we are in no immediate danger of a drought…

4. Ahem… something from my old science class… about the cycle of water on the planet… it’s obviously working… on overdrive… so, I guess, it’s good?

5. One more… One more… Positive… About rain… ah… Streets get washed? Yup. That will do. Streets get washed. That’s a good thing. They need a clean up.

So there, rain is a good thing. I’m feeling all better now.

Now let me just go and “gently” kick my pillow.

PS: and here are some more reasons to love the rain:

It makes car wash a breeze...


It brings out the inner observer/genius in the road-sign-creating people...


And where the heck can I buy an umbrella like that?

Posted by vasilisa @ 1:07 a.m.

Read or Post a Comment

What? The rain hasn't turned to snow yet in your neck of the woods?

Posted by Blogger PunditMom @ 11:54 a.m. #
 

As a child I didn't like the rain because it meant that I couldn't go outside and play. Now I walk in the rain and it is one of the most enjoyable experiences, especially when I splash in those little puddles.

Rain has other attributes.

1. Rain is refreshing and it washes away the smog, especially in Los Angeles.

2. The smell of freshness in the air is like fabric softener.

3. The sound of rain is hypnotically calming.

4. Snuggling up to someone you love, (little ones get extra snuggle time).

5. Hot chocolate with a dash of cinnamon. Ummm!


P.S. That's no umbrella, that's a pod. Beam me up Scotty.

Posted by Blogger Alexys Fairfield @ 2:43 p.m. #
 

It's been raining here, but that hasn't been nearly as bad as the wind! I lost half of my lawn furniture last night. It's crazy.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 11:06 p.m. #
 

Punditmom: Any day now... This rain is so freezing, I'm surprised it actually falls down in the water form.

Alexys: You always see the bright side! I wish I was more optimistic. I usually am. But this is just so annoying. (And possibly the never-ending fifth month of morning sickness has something to contribute to my grumpiness.) And I'm glad the pods are finally on the market :-)

Leslie: Yup, today we got the wind. Last night it was so bad, that opening the front door was a challenge. Opening a window was impossible. (I wanted to get some fresh air into the house, but it kept closing, so I gave up.) And the noise in the vents made me completely convinced that I live in a haunted house.

Posted by Blogger vasilisa @ 11:14 p.m. #
 
<< Home

About

I'm a 29 year old mom of two! A toddler (kiddo one) and a new baby (kiddo junior). I am also the most horrible (as in I barely ever do it) cook that I have met in my life. This blog is a diary of my attempts to feed my hungry growing family

PS: My name is not actually Vasilisa... But I find that honest reporting comes easier when there is a shred of anonymity. (Apparently, posting pics of my sons doesn't count...)

PPS: For those of you wondering where on the planet I am: I'm cosily tacked away in the Torontonian suburbia of the Great White North (Canada).

The Beginnings

What is all this?

Listening

To music, naturally.

Reading

All kinds of books. Haven't figured out how to post links to them yet.

E-mail me

Yes, you can actually email me:

Vasilia

Real Savvy Mom Blogger