Thursday, October 26, 2006

Cheating...

Today was supposed to be a whole family vegetarian day. But someone has cheated. And that someone was… me. Yes. Me. Cause I was a fishetarian today. I had three separate dreams about fried fish, so when I woke up, my first action of the day was to send hubs to the store to buy me some fish. I figured it was destiny. And you can’t argue with destiny.

So he got me some wonderful sole fillets… And this recipe is so easy, I’m actually going to try and explain it. Basically, you should have fish fillets. Cod, Sole, Haddock, Pollock work great. Defrost them if frozen. Naturally. Now, put some oil in the frying pan, and heat it. Separately put some water (clean water, the kind you’d drink) in a separate bowl, and chop lots of cilantro into there. Set aside. Now, put some flour in a separate plate or container. Dip each fillet in the flour, and then put it in the frying pan. Fry on both sides, till there is nice crust, cover, hold for a couple of minutes to make sure fish is well done.

Then take the fillet out of the pan and dip in the cilantro mixture. Just a quick dip.



Take out and put aside on a plate (line plate with paper towel or a regular towel to soak in the moisture). Do the same for all fillets. That’s it. Isn’t that simple? So quick and easy…

Serve with mashed potatoes. Or French fries. That part is totally up to you.

And that was my dinner.



And the hubs, had tofu. Cause I didn’t want to ruin his vegetarian day…



Poor guy…

Posted by vasilisa @ 10:24 p.m.

Read or Post a Comment

Looks like you can cook. I was a vegetarian for about ten years. Then I gave it up because my daughter kept trying to feed me her food. Kinda hard to expect her to eat the meat when I wouldn't.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 11:27 p.m. #
 

Although I am not a fan of fish (I'm sure it's mutual), it looks mouth-watering. Yum.

Oh and by the way, for cooking 'flour' is spelled differently, unless you really mean flower (of the plant variety.)

Cheers.

Posted by Blogger Alexys Fairfield @ 1:20 a.m. #
 

DaddyForever: Luckily my kid seems to absolutely adore chicken, and is quite upset when I try to slide some tofu instead. With the exception of tofu in miso soup. For some reason, that's a magic combination for him...

Alexys: This flour/flower business messes me up every other post. Usually I catch and fix it, but you know, spell check doesn't pick it up, so I end up cooking lots of flowers... (I edited the post... so now it should be ok)

Posted by Blogger vasilisa @ 2:16 a.m. #
 

You're a better cook than you think! I love coming here because I'm always looking for good recipes!

I recently tried a recipe for fish that was delicous. Just brush some cod fillets with a mixture of spicy brown mustard and honey, broil the fish about 8 minutes, then serve with a fruit salsa (pineapple, kiwi, strawberries and mango mixed with some of the mustard/honey mixture). It was so good and even I couldn't mess it up.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 3:09 a.m. #
 

That tofu dish looks so good!

Back when we lived in a different city, I used to frequently eat at a Chinese restaurant that would make any chicken-based entree on their menu with tofu. It was heaven, for me.

I think that one day you should devote an entire post to good tofu recipes. And yes, I just made an entirely selfish request. :)

Posted by Blogger Kelley @ 10:17 a.m. #
 

Two separate dishes at dinner. You are a really good spouse!

Posted by Blogger PunditMom @ 1:35 p.m. #
 
<< Home

About

I'm a 29 year old mom of two! A toddler (kiddo one) and a new baby (kiddo junior). I am also the most horrible (as in I barely ever do it) cook that I have met in my life. This blog is a diary of my attempts to feed my hungry growing family

PS: My name is not actually Vasilisa... But I find that honest reporting comes easier when there is a shred of anonymity. (Apparently, posting pics of my sons doesn't count...)

PPS: For those of you wondering where on the planet I am: I'm cosily tacked away in the Torontonian suburbia of the Great White North (Canada).

The Beginnings

What is all this?

Listening

To music, naturally.

Reading

All kinds of books. Haven't figured out how to post links to them yet.

E-mail me

Yes, you can actually email me:

Vasilia

Real Savvy Mom Blogger